AMLO presents a plan to return to the new normal in three stages; see dates
President Andrés Manuel López Obrador presented the plan to return to the new normality in the face of the coronavirus pandemic.
During the morning press conference in the National Palace, Graciela Márquez, Secretary of the Economy, explained that the reopening plan in three stages of social, educational and economic activities seeks to give clarity, security and certainty to the population, so that they follow a path gradual, orderly and cautious.
He mentioned that the Healthy Distance Day has brought control and flattening of the curve, so they worked on a plan in three stages:
The first.- Starts on May 18 with the reopening of the so-called Municipalities of Hope, which are currently 269 in 15 states, supported by sanitary fences.They are municipalities free of COVID-19 infections and bordering other municipalities free of cases. of coronavirus.
The second.- Preparation stage for the general reopening; It will be from May 18 to 31 with the development of health plans in workplaces and public spaces, mainly essential activities. Further:
- Health protocols for the safe restart of activities will be developed.
- Training will be given to personnel for safety in the work environment.
- Readjustment of spaces and production processes.
- Filters for admission, sanitation and hygiene in the workplace.
Third. - It starts from June 1 with a weekly traffic light, which will mark the reopening of social, educational and economic activities.
Regarding the traffic light:
- Red: Only essential activities, including mining, construction, and transportation manufacturing.
- Orange: The activities that can be carried out with reduced templates increase.
- Yellow: Activities are expanded, always with care in public health and work measures. They may operate all essential and non-essential activities without restriction.
- Green: All activities, including school activities, are reopened.
Back to school, only at a green light
Esteban Moctezuma, Secretary of Public Education, explained that they will not return to classes until it is safe: "We will only open with a green light."
He reiterated that between 73 and 80% of the educational contents of the current cycle have already been carried out and when appropriate, a face-to-face evaluation and planning for the next school year will be made.
His education is assured and for this reason we are working with all our effort and dedication. ”
What will be the dynamics of traffic lights?
The undersecretary of Prevention and Health Promotion, Hugo López-Gatell commented that during the pandemic decisions are made in a panorama of uncertainty and all the countries of the world face the question of whether there is any possibility of moving towards the new normality? And what are the consequences?
The official presented the map of vulnerability at the municipal level in terms of health and economy in Mexico and a map that illustrates the dynamics of the signaling of the regions based on the cut of information on the pandemic until yesterday; He explained that the data on COVID-19 cases change from day to day.
López-Gatell also presented a map on municipal diversity that allows planning how sanitary measures will be lifted by the new coronavirus.
Google translation from UnoTV.