Chapala EXPAT Liaison June 15, 2020
Governor Enrique Alfaro has posted a video explaining that despite the coming peak in virus, he must relax the restraint on the economy because it too is dying. Jalisco has had 6,357 cases and 327 deaths. Chapala has 20 cases and 1 death, but, here too the economy is dying and something must be done.
The Governor calls it the "Phase of Individual Responsibility" and that is truly what it is! People are suffering!
- 1 family member in a shop
- Malls closed Saturday and Sunday
- Hotels limited to 25% capacity
- Beaches open
- Gyms and sport clubs 25% capacity
- Churches abbreviated services/ maximum 50 people
- Commercial corridors can open (tianguis, Chapala Malecon merchants)
MUNICIPALITIES ARE TO BE IN CHARGE OF ENFORCEMENT----I have already said Chapala doesn't have the personnel to enforce masks and social distancing. Mayor Moy did issue certificates to businesses opening properly with the sanitation protocols, but, he doesn't have the personnel to check all businesses. "INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY"
Businesses that must remain closed:
- bars, casinos
- theaters, movies
- water parks, spas, pools
- urban parks, sports venues