Doubts about COVID-19? IMSS solves them on this phone line
The Mexican Social Security Institute ( IMSS ) implemented a free telephone line to answer questions about the new coronavirus ( Orthocoronavirinae ) and, thereby, reduce the concentration of people in medical units where confirmed cases must be attended.
Through a statement, he explained that through the strategy "Telephone Medical Orientation and COVID-19 ", the beneficiaries can dial the number 800-2222-668, between 08:00 and 20:00, and receive medical attention by IMSS specialists via telephone line .
In this telephone line service , explained the IMSS , simple questions are asked to people, such as:
- Do you have a respiratory disease and want to know if you have data of COVID-19 infection ?
- Did you have contact with a confirmed or study case, and have doubts?
In addition, trained IMSS doctors will guide people on the phone on issues such as the consideration of suspected cases of coronavirus ( Orthocoronavirinae ), and prevention measures to reduce the risk of contagion, both at home and on the move; It will also resolve doubts about who should take the confirmatory test, when to go to a medical unit, about prescribing disabilities and identifying warning signs.
IMSS physicians will guide the coronavirus ( Orthocoronavirinae ) on the telephone line, such as:
- When considering a person suspicious of the disease, contact of a confirmed or suspicious case.
- Prevention measures to reduce the risk of contagion, both at home and when moving.
- When should you go to a medical unit?
- Who is the sample taken from?
- Disability prescription.
- Identification of alarm signs.
With these actions, the IMSS assumes the challenge of guiding, attending to and providing the necessary tools so that the population remains informed in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic to avoid oversaturation of services and minimize the risk of contagion. "
Google translation from UnoTV.