A CoronaVirus (COVID-19) resource for the Lake Chapala area

Epidemic can last until September: López-Gatell

Mexico

The authority asks people to be isolated until April 30 to avoid infections and strict protection for those over 60, heart patients, pregnant women and diabetics

The undersecretary of Health, Hugo López-Gatell, assured that the country will have a long epidemic, which could last until September, which will depend on the Mexican society following the instructions of the federal Ministry of Health.

"Possibly it will be a long epidemic, we will go until August, possibly until September, but it is up to us," he said in an interview, as he left the meeting of the General Health Council in the National Palace, which was chaired by the President, Andrés Manuel. López Obrador.

What we need is that there are not so many infections, so that when we are in phase three we can attend to all sick people, "he stressed.

“One of the most important measures is that millions of people in the country stay at home. It is a very simple phrase that summarizes what needs to be done: stay home. It is the action that will allow us that millions of Mexican men and women, and people of other nationalities who are in the country, do not contribute to contagion ”.

Contagious had contact with 280 people in Tabasco

The Tabasco Health Secretariat revealed that a person infected with COVID-19 was not in quarantine and had contact with 280 people, so all of them are already being sought to have them under observation.

The head of the agency, Silvia Roldán Fernández, said that an entity similar to “case 31” that occurred in South Korea, where a woman infected with Chinese coronavirus in China traveled to that country and did not follow health measures, was detected in that entity. , affecting more than a thousand people. In Tabasco it is a person who, after traveling abroad, went to various places having contact with dozens of people.

School suspension denied

The Ministry of Public Education (SEP) rejected that the date for the resumption of classes for the basic level has been modified, after unofficial information about it circulated.

The head of that agency, Esteban Moctezuma, pointed out, through social networks, that “unofficial information circulates about the School Calendar and dates of resumption of classes. Given these falsehoods, he reiterated that the only official source of new dates is the SEP. "

He clarified that it is false that the school year will have to be repeated due to the coronavirus crisis in the country.

The SEP suspended classes for the coronavirus from March 23.

Moctezuma Barragán said that the only source authorized to release new dates is the official page of the Ministry of Public Education.

Google translation from Informador.


Next Coronavirus death rate is lower than previously reported, study says, but it's still deadlier than seasonal flu

Lago de Chapala